Wednesday, November 30, 2011



I have been pondering the ward theme. I think for Home and Family I will follow the council of Spencer W. Kimball and put a picture of the temple in every bedroom.

 President Monson quoted President Kimball in April 2011 confrence.  Monson said " To you parents of young children, may I share with you some sage advice from President Spencer W. Kimball. Said he: “It would be a fine thing if … parents would have in every bedroom in their house a picture of the temple so [their children] from the time [they are] infant[s] could look at the picture every day [until] it becomes a part of [their lives]. When [they reach] the age that [they need] to make [the] very important decision [concerning going to the temple], it will have already been made.”6
Our children sing in Primary:
I love to see the temple.
I’ll go inside someday.
I’ll cov’nant with my Father;
I’ll promise to obey.7
I plead with you to teach your children of the temple’s importance.
 This is the one for Mine and Davids bedroom.  I will give it to him for Christmas I printed it 12x12 and put it in a 24x24 black frame with a black and white stripped mat.  It looks so good.
 Courtney already has this temple.
This one is for Marissa.  Perfect for any "Princess" 

I still need one for the boys room and Nicole's Dorm.  Any suggestions would be great.

3 comments:

Tylynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tylynn said...

I have seen one for boys that is a nice picture of scriptures that says I hope they call me on a mission. I think I have it on pinterest....

jill shumway said...

I have that one but I need a picture of the temple to put in the boys room.