Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 3 in 40 days closer to Christ



I am still on track and blogging about it along with all my mommy duties.  I think when you make time for the things you should do.  Heavenly father blesses you with the time to do the things you should do.  In my life I am more focused when I am done reading.

— Day 3: ___________________ Date: ____________________        
                                 
Read: 1 Nephi 16-19 Mark & Ponder: 1 Nephi 19:23
Scripture of the day:
“Behold I stand at the door and knock; if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I
will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” (Revelations 3:20)
Thought for the day:
“The promise is made to everyone.  There is no discrimination, no favored few, but the
Lord has not promised to crash the door.  He stands and knocks.  If we do not listen, he
will not sup with us nor give answer to our prayers.  We must learn how to listen, grasp,
interpret, understand. The Lord stands knocking.  He never retreats.  But he will never
force himself upon us.  If our distance from him increases, it is we who have moved and
not the Lord.” (Pres. Spencer W. Kimball)




My thoughts on today's reading 
The lord is very patient.  How many times is he going to forgive Laman and Lemuel?  We all know the answer to that as many times as they repent. I am glad that I have that option in my life.  I would hope that if I had the experiences that Laman and Lemuel had that I would have had more faith.  Nephi seems to have the I will go and do mentality I hope that I can emulate that.

No comments: