Monday, June 8, 2009

What a Saturday




It all started out simple enough. Mom and I went to our quilt block of the month class at Just Sew. Then we went home and got ready to leave for Woods Cross and Emily's Baptism. We left in plenty of time and avoided The freeway mess by taking 215. We spent our time getting lost trying to find the stake center and walked in just as the meeting was starting. It was a nice Baptism. The talks we so fast I didn't even have time to get board.




After the Baptism Danny took us to Moochies. This restaurant is a Dive on 8th south 2nd east. They have amazing sandwiches. Philli cheese steak and meatball are there specialty. I walked in and it was a small house converted to a restaurant is was so small that you had to go out the door and eat in the house next door. It reminded me of San Francisco and made me a bit homesick.




Nicole went Home with Danny and Natalie to play games and I took the little kids home and a sandwich for David. I made plans to pick up Nicole from Danny later. Just as I was walking out the door at 7:45 to get Nicole. Dallen comes in crying. He ran over his middle finger on his rip stick. I put Dallen in the car and headed to the highland instacare. It closed at 5pm. I called Danny to find out where the Riverton one was and just my luck it was just a few blocks from him. I figured that with the drive I could figure out if Dallen was really hurt. If he stop ed crying I could pick up Nicole and we could head home. He didn't stop crying during the 30 minute car ride. He didn't stop crying the hour wait. He even shook like he was in shock. 2 and a half hours after the accident and 3 xrays later we found it wasn't broken and he ended up with a splint. I am glad I took him because of his anxiety I think he needed to hear that from the Doctor before he could calm down. He was a little concerned about having a splint on his finger because it is his middle finger and he doesn't want to flip anyone off.




We got Nicole from Danny's and headed home. We made it home by 10:30. We were all so tired that there was no trouble getting anyone to go to bed.




I think we are going to find someone to give Dallen some Rip Stick lessons because you shouldn't be able to run over your own finger on a Rip Stick. Someone Else's yes, but not yours. Leave it to Dallen.

No comments: