Friday, June 6, 2008

Dallen's birthday



It all started with an invitation. Dallen wanted an Indiana Jones Birthday party. Easy enough I made a digital one. I took an image I found on google and put the party words over it. I printed 10 copies knowing Dallen wanted to invite 8 friends. We decided we would use the water slide and have a water party so we asked the kids to wear their swimsuits after all it is June it should be nice. That was the first mistake. I left for my Scrapbook weekend and asked Dallen to deliver his invitations.

Nice photo of the kids at the party right? Well this is only half the party. Dallens 8 friends turned into 21. Then it rained all day the day before and on the day of the party the high was in the 50's. That ruined our plans for a water party. I spent the morning googling party games and we had the party in the garage.

It was nice enough that we could do some chalk art on the driveway. Dallen invited some good artist. The kids had fun.



The party was a big hit all the kids had fun and one of the favorite gifts was a 4lb bag of Swedish fish. It took the kids 2 hours to eat most of the fish. No one woke up last night with a tummy ache so I guess all is good.

No comments: