Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Family Dinner

I have been thinking a lot about dinner lately. My family eats together at the table at the same time more than 95% of the time. I make a meal for dinner. I do not just heat something up from Costco or make Mac and Cheese. I enjoy making dinner with my kids and the time that we spend talking and getting things ready. We set the table and all sit down together.

today I came across a radio tidbit about dinner that made me happy you can hear it here. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18753715

It basically says "The family dinner. About a decade ago, research started appearing on the family dinner, and the news was uniformly good. According to the scientists, children who ate with their families were less likely to drink, smoke, do drugs, struggle with asthma, get depressed and have eating disorders. "

It did say that it was just not the act of sitting down to eat together but that you were more likely to have good conversation which lead to all the positive things. So whats for Dinner? We are having homemade Chicken soup in homemade bread bowls.

1 comment:

{amy} said...

Homemade bread bowls. Sigh. I'm going to blame it on the fast food if the kids turn out rotten!! ;o)
--Amy S. (Deb's sister) formerly known as CTR Mom ~ just trying to confuse the internet.