Thursday, February 23, 2012

New Hobby

I started a new hobby. English Smocking! I didn't start it because I needed something else to do but because my mom pressured me into taking a class with her. By pressuring me i mean she paid for the class and invited me to go. I am glad that she talked me into it.  It is a form of heirloom sewing.  The projects are meant to be passed down.  At first I was worried that I would not find a project to work on.  Marissa has outgrown the baby stage and likes more grown up styles.  I just finished my first project.

This is not Ric rack on the skirt but picture smocking.  It looks like Ric rack but is stitched on the fabric after it is pleated.  We then picked out trim to go along the bottom of the skirt.  Marissa wanted me to finish it so bad that Saturday she told me she would take care of everything for me so I could sew then I herd her tell Derek she would get him what he needed and that he was not to bother me.  She told David the same thing when he got home.

I got it done Saturday so she could wear it Sunday.  The woman who got us started is in our ward so after church Marissa and I found her to show her our finished work.  She said good job.  I know it is not perfect and Marissa is the thing that makes it cute. 

No comments: