Monday, February 23, 2009

Missing pet.



Friday Morning David and I were getting ready to leave for the weekend. I made the mistake of checking on the boys Hermit crab. I asked Dallen were he was. Dallen couldn't remember where he had played with it last. It was 9am and time for us to leave.

Normally I would not have worried but Dallen is suffering from anxiety and it is over the deaths in our ward. I was not sure how he would handle it if his pet died. We looked for over two hours. We might have been able to find it if we knew where he left it but we had the whole house to search.

Grandma told us to go and she would have the girls look for it while we were gone. We left and spent two full days playing in the snow. When we got back they still had not found it.(I don't think they even looked)

Sunday after Church we started looking again. We stared cleaning the toy room thinking it might be the place where Dallen played with it last. We cleaned out the couches and the train table, the Lego's. Then I started with our large Castle mega blocks and there he was.

He was happy to get back home and eat and drink. He seems to be just fine. Dallen has promised not to take him out and play with him again.

David says this is why we can't get a dog. I think a dog would be good atleast it comes when you call it.

No comments: