Friday, December 5, 2008

December already

One of thoses Weeks turned into one of those months. Now we are in December and I am working hard on figuring out what to get everyone for Christmas. David is getting what he wants for Christmas he just has to figure out how to pay for it then he will have his new toy. I bought the last of the presents for the kids last night. So it is just the extended family.

I have been working on making some things. PJ's for the 3 little ones.
a crayon holder for Derek based on the instructions found here. http://www.skiptomylou.org/2007/04/25/on-a-roll/
it turned out real cute.

I have also been making journals. We have a new quilt store in Highland and every month they have a free project if you buy the fabric at the store. This month they covered composition notebooks. Like the ones here.
http://craftapple.wordpress.com/2006/09/17/patchwork-notebook-cover-tutorial/

I did my first one like the instructions but I have done 3 others with a different style of piecing. I think the decorative stitches really add to the product. I can't do that on my machine so I have been going to Mom's and using hers while she is at work.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

I think Sadie is going to be jealous of the crayon roll. She doesn't really like to color, just to put the crayons in and out of the pockets would entertain her for hours.